Home Home wear Dog Found Pulseless in Burning Manitowoc Co. Mobile Home, Rescued by EMS Staff | WFRV Local 5

Dog Found Pulseless in Burning Manitowoc Co. Mobile Home, Rescued by EMS Staff | WFRV Local 5

0


VALDERS, Wisconsin (WFRV) – An accidental kitchen fire Saturday afternoon in the village of Valders nearly killed a non-breathing dog in the burning single-family mobile home.

According to the Valders Fire Department, at around 2 p.m., Valder fire crews and several other local fire departments responded to a report of a fire at a trailer located 100 block North Jackson Street. .

Upon arrival, firefighters say they remember seeing thick smoke coming from inside the trailer and were told there was a dog in the room at the back of the house.

Shortly after, the first fire crew deployed a single flexible hose and extinguished the fire in the kitchen while a second team went to look for the dog in the back bedroom.

Authorities say the second crew was able to find the dog and remove it from the trailer. However, officials said when the dog was handed over to EMS staff waiting outside, it was discovered the dog was not breathing.

EMS staff quickly began performing CPR and high-flow oxygen administration and were able to locate the dog’s pulse.

The dog was treated and taken to a local veterinarian where advanced care for smoke inhalation was provided by experts. Teams report that the dog was alert and doing well when the teams arrived at the vet.

The Valders Fire Department confirmed that the fire started in the kitchen and was accidental. No firefighters or occupants were injured and the occupants were relocated as a result of the damage.