Top 5 things you’ll see at virtually any rodeo [LIST]
Here we come to our first post-pandemic rodeo (Roppenish Rodeo *, July 2-3), and for one, I’m pretty excited. I would be MUCH MORE excited if we didn’t expect the heatwave to continue, reaching 105 degrees on Friday and Saturday, but nonetheless, I’m just thrilled to be at my first rodeo in almost 15 years! If you’ve attended a rodeo, you haven’t gone at all because everyone is different, of course. You’ll always end up seeing these five things at the rodeo no matter where you go:
1. Buckle Bunnies: Another way to describe cowboy groupies, regardless of gender, is to call someone a “buckle bunny”. They love to hang out and admire the belt buckles, arms and cowboy boots of rodeo riders. Their mission is mainly to laugh and flirt.
2. A cow that doesn’t want to be there: I’m surprised there isn’t a Disney movie about a young bull who doesn’t want to be part of the rodeo, even though he comes from a long line of bulls. inherited. The bull longs to leave his provincial town and move to the big city, because he has big dreams, and so on.
3. A Clint Eastwood lookalike. Bonus points if someone looks like John Wayne, but since this rodeo is probably in Toppenish or Ellensburg, you get the most points for the Paw-Paw from someone who looks like a Johnny Cash lookalike.
4. Sheep Babies: Little babies (not literal babies) riding their sheep. Start with the cute things, then move on to something stronger.
5. Saddle Lustin ‘: There is always someone who covets someone else’s saddle. It is usually a younger person who is a rider but wants to switch to a new saddle. Stools are expensive! I recently saw one that was almost the price of a used car! It was more expensive than a Caribbean cruise! I mean, would you buy this Circle Y Elko saddle for $ 2,499 (and it’s ON SALE)? For that kind of money, it is better if this saddle is equipped with Bluetooth and Alexa capabilities!
* FYI: The Toppenish Rodeo is selling tickets ONLINE only this year due to COVID-19!
KEEP READING: Here Are 50 Of The Most Famous Sports Goofs
KEEP READING: Find Out How Sports Around the World Have Been Affected by Coronavirus
LOOK: 50 images of winning moments in the history of sport